About Coach Risa
“I’m Your Fitness Relationship Coach.”
But what I really want to say is:
“I show women (men too) how they can love themselves and build a relationship based business powered by their passion to make a difference in the world through health and fitness.”
And what I really, really want to say is…
“I focus on feeling good in my own skin, I work in my pajamas, get paid to exercise on my own schedule, donate my time and money to my favorite charity (LLS); collaborate with with smart, motivating people around the country; and use all that to build a business that centers on relationships and changing lives… because the more inspiration, motivation, and support I give others, the more I’m rewarded myself, both emotionally and financially.”
I’m Risa Ganel, LCMFT and helping women love themselves, become entrepreneurs, live a life of fearless passion, combining their talents, their wellness, and their financial wellbeing is kinda my own passion.
When it comes to building relationships that thrive, you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone better…
-My 20+ years of experience as a Marriage and Family Therapist who helps heal broken relationships means I can help you build solid relationships, professional or personal.
-As a self-employed entrepreneur for 20+ years, and founder and owner of Together Couples Counseling (voted Best Therapy Practice in Howard County, Maryland 2014 and 2015), I’m perfectly positioned to help you start and then build your own business.
-My experience raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through running full and half-marathons means I know what it’s like to sacrifice for a greater good, train hard, and become unstoppable. It also means that I can show you how to be unstoppable too.
-When I’m not working out at home (which has gotten me in the best shape of my life), training for the next full- or half-marathon, helping save marriages, or building my team of entrepreneurs, you’ll find me walking our rescue dog, Pepper (a.k.a. slobber-bomber), watching “Shark Tank” or “The Voice” with my 16 year old daughter, or going with my husband Opher to our favorite bed & breakfast, the Chalet of Canandaigua in the Finger Lakes region of NY (not necessarily in that order of preference ;)).
If you just have to know more about me, no need to wonder… I’ll spill the beans…
1. My favorite movies are “The American President,” “Singing in the Rain,” and “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” (the original with Gene Wilder, of course). And my sorority, Delta Phi Epsilon (Epsilon Rho Chapter, Beta Class), gave me the pledge name “Wonka”.
2. One of my marriage vows was that I’d watch the Sci-Fi channel with my husband (but I made it clear I couldn’t vow to stay awake ;)). Despite not being a sci-fi freak, I still think “Avatar” and “Interstellar” were amazing.
3. I was never athletic growing up (though I was a competitive Roller Skater!), (I hated getting sweaty or messing my hair up) but now my day isn’t right if I don’t start it off with a workout from Insanity, P90X, Piyo, or Hammer & Chisel.
4. I didn’t start running until I was almost 40, and my first event was a half-marathon in honor of my mother, and with TEAM IN TRAINING an arm of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Since then I’ve run 5 full marathons and have lost count of the halves and will forever run in memory of my mother.
5. I love singing and wish I had the courage to audition for “The Voice.” Maybe I will one day…but until then it’s the score of WICKED at the top of my lungs in the car with my daughter.
6. I try to eat healthy all the time, but put a bag of Smart Food Cheddar Popcorn in front of me and all bets are off (don’t even think of getting between me and that bag)! Oh and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups too. My favorite (duh!)
7. I love to read, but my days are so full that I usually only have time when I collapse in bed. At that point I use toothpicks to keep my eyes open, but after 10-15 minutes the darn things pop out (not the eyes, silly, the toothpicks).
8. I’m not a morning person, I’m not a night person, and I love to take naps. Despite that, I somehow fit into my days working out, running two businesses, volunteering on a State Board, fundraising for LLS, raising a teen daughter, partnering with my husband, and cooking gourmet family dinners (my chicken Marbella, for example, is to die for and they say my meatloaf is too).
9. The thing I hate most is when friends and colleagues put me on a pedestal, as if I’m perfect. Newsflash: I’m not!
10. What I AM is living proof that you don’t have to be perfect to pursue your passion, that starting late is better than never starting at all, and that dreaming big and then working hard to make those dreams come true is the most fulfilling life imaginable!
Ready to start your own business that revolves around relationships and a passion for doing good?
Head over here to apply to join my team of entrepreneurs.
Changing lives + feeling good in your own skin + fearless passion + a commute measured in seconds? Absolutely!
CoachRisa – Live Your Personal Best!
I want to build my dream life and business! Sign Me Up as a Coach
(Photo courtesy of my favorite photographer, Richard Dalcin!)